1. What happened to Amuria? Revealed in ep26? Maybe she was sent to another past, from which she became Aaeru's dangerous Ojii-chan.
2. Where did Aaeru and Neviril go? Revealed in ep26? I'm betting on the future, for a start, with perhaps freedom to go anywhere after that.
3. Did history change as a result of Aaeru and Neviril's journey? Revealed in ep26? I think probably yes, in some subtle way that we won't realize until the last few frames of the epsiode.
4. What's the deal with Aaeru's grandfather? Revealed in ep26? I think he was some kind of religious rebel, maybe with irreligious ideas about Tempuspatium being science rather than god.
5. Was Onashia's "sin" her refusal to make an important choice, or something else? Her refusal to choose genders.
6. Was the thing that Onashia avoided choosing her gender, or something else?
7. Who made Onashia the Spring keeper? What happened at the Spring before then? Unknown. Maybe the religious authorities put her there when she refused to choose.
8. Why did Onashia dissolve into sparkly gold particles? Unknown. Magic, or an indication that Simulacrum really is a simulation?
9. How old was Onashia?Unknown. A thousand years? Two hundred?
10. When was Chor Dextra founded?Unknown. Hundreds of years ago?
11. Was anyone else we know in Chor Dextra, other than Onashia, Dominura, and Aaeru's grandfather?Unknown, but I doubt it.
12. Did Kyuushuu-sama remove Aaeru as Neviril's pair due to political fallout from her grandfather, or did she just think that Mamiina had a better chance of success at the Suigyoku? Political/religious fallout. I think he made himself persona non grata in some way. Hopefully we'll find out more in ep26.
13. What happened to Kyuushuu-sama after she was hauled away? She "left Arcus Prima," but to go where, we don't know; probably just back to the temple.
14. What happened to the rest of the cast after Aaeru and Neviril left? They gradually filtered back to their hiomes and began their new lives, which we will find out about in ep26.
15. How do the Simoun work? Unknown, but probably by the action of the time and space rings on some quantum field. Or else magic, lol.
16. Who is/are Tempus Spatium? Does Tempus Spatium have all the powers that the Simulacran religion claims? Is any of the Simulacran religion accurate? Unknown. I expect it will all be true in some sense.
17. How does the Plumbish religion relate to the reality behind Tempus Spatium? Unknown, but I suspect in a very similar way to the Simulacran religion.
18. Was Aaeru named after the Plumbish word, or vice versa? Unknown. Revealed in 26?
19. Was everyone always born female? If not, when and how did the change happen? Unknown. Maybe it was started after some horrible male-run war.
20. What do other countries (besides Simulacrum and Argentum) do for sex selection? Unknown.
21. What did Yun see when the Magnificent Seven waded into the pool? I think she felt the weight of all their anxieties, but I'm not sure she saw anything. Maybe the same glorious semi-helical light Eri saw, coming down through the apparent opening above Onashia.
22. Do any of the seven regret their gender choices? No such indication so far.
23. What did Erif, a regretter, do after returning from the Spring? Unknown. He did show up once again, didn't he?
24. Why did Guragief choose male? Would Anubituf have chosen female if he'd known Guragief would do that? Unknown, but he apparently rose very quickly in the hierarchy, so he was probably looking to have a wider field of employment. I suspect Anubituf was also ambitious in that way.
25. Who built the ancient Simoun? [color="Blue"]Revealed in ep26? Probably not, I'm afraid, but we'll see in three days. At first I thouight they might bne left by the original colonizers of Daikuuriku, but now I'm wondering if they were built in the future, then transported to the past by Emerald Rimaajons.
26. If there were fully operational ancient Simoun, with better performance, already lying around in the Ruins, why did Simulacrum develop the funky stacked motor variety? Those Simoun weren't there before. The Simulacrans had never seen one.
27. Does the peace completely revolutionize Argentine society? I expect that it will, in a few decades. I certainly hope so.
28. How do Dominura and Limone go about choosing their sexes? What choices do they make, if any? Or are they "eien no shoujo" by virtue of having been through the Suigyoku. Unknown. I'm also not sure if they succeeded at the Emerald or not, or just partly. Furoe said when they disappeared: "They failed, did they?"
29. Do either of the Suigyoku pairs ever attempt to Suigyoku themselves back to the time that they came from? From the preview showing Limone, it looks like not, but I wonder. I expect NeviAer to become a cross between Onashia and the Wandering Dutchman and Emerald themselves here and there for eternity. Maybe.
30. How did the Arcus Prima wind up in the lake? Scuttled by AnuGurag or destroyed to eliminate a great weapon?
31. Is Yun happy in her new role, or as sad and lonely as Onashia was? Both.
32. Why is the land around the Grand Temple arranged in the shape of a helical motor? Unknown. Maybe past explosions of helical motors or other similar devices?
33. What were the Ruins like before Chor Dextra blew them to smithereens? Unknown. Maybe they were a thriving temple, decades or centuries before.
34. Does the Spring connect to any other locations, or just the Ruins and the waterfall? I think Onashia said it connected to two places, so I think not -- although I hope so.
35. How does Yun get out to that rock without going in the water? By going all the way around and coming up behind, where there is a causeway we can't see from the front. Maybe. (I'm grasping at straws, lol.)
36. Where and how does Yun (and did Onashia) sleep and eat? I'm grasping at more straws, but Onashia had helpers, it appears, unless those were just sent by Simulacrum when she was asked to board the Prima.
37. If they were so hard up for Simoun and sibyllae in that last battle, couldn't they have patched up the survivor from the Arcus Niger and her pair and her craft? Good point. Maybe it was damaged beyond repair and the pair was dead or incapacitated?
38. How did Angulas get from the Arcus Prima to the ancient Simoun cockpit? She may have had a long journey, being blasted to other times and entering the cockpit, then doing a RiMaajon that finally killed her and left her at the Spring. Or she may just have been caught up in the swirling flow of Tempuspatium with the Simoun and they were brought there together. Onashia (or was it Kyuushu-sama?) certainly said that Tempuspatium would decide correctly where someone would go -- past or future -- after an Emerald.
39. What happened to Mamiina? She's dead, and her body lies among the flowers.
40. Rika Morinaga and Eri Kitamura are in the cast photo from the last recording session; did they record anything new while they were there, or did they just show up for the photo? I think it was just for the party, but we'll soon know. We could see at least Amuria in a new life.
41. Why are Glass Fleet and Disgaea and Spider Riders licensed for R1, but not Simoun? Because general taste is poor, and anime for kids sell best.
42. Does what happened to Dominura and Limone mean that the "taken to serve at the side of Tempus Spatium" doctrine is just a myth? Not necessarily. For one thing, they may not have succeeded. For another, they are definitely serving time and space.
43. Dominura's willingness to teach the Suigyoku created a stable time loop. How did that loop form in the first place? Unknown. And we don't yet know that the loop is stable, do we? Did any of Chor Dextra succeed at the Emerald? From Kyuushu-sama's panic, perhaps not, but I'm not sure we have ever been told they are dead, just that Dominura was the last remaining member. In any case, time paradoxes are so difficult that I'll have to wait until all the information is in before inventing an answer.
44. Is Daikuuriku the original home of the species that the cast belongs to, or is it an abandoned space colony? Unknown, but I presume the latter.
45. How does the Ri Maajon work? Is it super-science, magic, alchemy, or spirituality? Unknown. Could be science, magic or spirituality. I prefer science, but the evaporation of Onashia seemed like magic to me.
46. How long will it take Simoun-Fans to release everything through episode 26?
47. Will there ever be more? I hope so, but I doubt it. And if there is, it might be Megami-ized out of all recognition.
48. Did the creators mean "chor," "corps," or "call?" Unknown. Not "call."
49. What was the intended etymology of "Ri Maajon?" "Merge," "margin," "mage," "immersion," or something else? Unknown, but it has to work with "Maaju Pool." I think it's connected with "mage" and "magic," but not sure.
50. How does the Spring work? Unknown. Magic? Hormones? DNA virus? Connection to timespace field?
51. What did Onashia mean when she said "Tempus looked at where people should be, and Spatium looked at the flow of time. The two became a pair, and brought the people unending blessings... and terror?" Time and space -- i.e., the world -- brings us joy and terror. Or: Neviril and Aaeru bring us the Simoun.
52. Why did Onashia need to board a ship to travel from the Spring to the Ruins? She was asked to by the religious authorities, as stated in episode 20, probably to cow the military authorities.
53. The Ruins and the waterfall seem to both enter the Spring from the same entrance, but people going out seem to wind up at the place where they came in. How does that work? There is a temporospatial discontinuity just inside each of the two external entrances. Or else the Spring just moves from one place to the other as required.
54. Were any of Dominura, Onashia, and/or Aaeru's grandfather in Chor Dextra at the same time? Unknown. Ep 26?
55. Did Halconf fly with any of the characters we know when he was a sibylla? Unknown, but doubtful since never hinted at.
56. How many mice do you need to catch to make a batch of stew that serves several dozen with plenty left over for seconds? Depends how much meat you want: five to fifty. I actually think there may have been no mice in the stew, lol, and it was just Mamiina playing with her new toy, Rodore.
57. Was that Yun's hand in the first of the two Angulas eyecatches? If not, whose was it? Either Yun's or Onashia's. Long fingers=Onashia?
58. Is the depiction of Angulas and Mamiina with Haibane Renmei-ish wings just a cute little conceit for the eyecatches, or is that actually what Yun sees? A cute little conceit.
59. How do Yun and Onashia manage to communicate with the dead? Magic. Or else Simulacrum is all just one big simulation program, and their essences are still available in storage. On second thought: spiritual sensitivity, or sensitivity to an electromagnetic field of people's thoughts/feelings that remains for a while after death. Our thoughts/feelings may be such a disembodied field, created by our brains/bodies, but with some separate existence.
60. Did Onashia disintegrate because someone touched her, or did Yun just happen to hug her at the time that she either let herself disintegrate or was naturally going to? Because Yun touched her, which she let happen.
61. Are any two characters who we know really the same person? Maybe Amuria and Ojii-chan?
62. Kyuushuu-sama and other high female clergy wear Tempus Spatium pendants with two oversized female (feathers vertical) wings. Onashia's attendants wear normal female pendants. Do the female clergy have a different gender than other women, or are the two female wings just a decoration? Unknown. There has been no indication of another gender, so probably it's just to honor them, and maybe to say that they will not marry.
63. What occupations can Simulacran women hold? Will that change with the new political order? Unknown, unfortunately.
64. Simulacran society has some rather hegemonic ideas about gender, despite everyone being set up to know better. Is this an intentional commentary by the (rather gender-clueful, if episode 2 is any indication) creators, or just underlying cultural assumptions leaking in from Japanese society? Both.
65. What important questions have I left out of this list? How much more than we have should we thank Futaba-chan for all she has done?